Conservator Trust Constitution
- The sole objective of the Trust is to engage in or promote the conservation and restoration of the cultural environment
- The above-mentioned object shall include, but not be limited to:
- The education of the public and creation of public awareness for the needs of conservation and restoration of the cultural environment.
- To interest individuals and organisations in the conservation, restoration, study and wise use of South Africa’s cultural heritage and to gain their material support.
- The acquisition of movable or immovable property worthy of conservation or restoration in the opinion of the Trustees.
- To publish a newsletter or newsletters, journal or journals, book or books on such conditions as the Trustees in their discretion may impose.
- To grant loans, subsidies or awards for the restoration and/or preservation of property within the Trust area.
- To deal with the income in terms of the provisions of the aforegoing.
- To deal with the Trust capital or assets and income in whichever way they may deem fit to further the object of the Trust as set out and any further objectives to the field of conservation as they may identify from time to time.
- To the education of the public and the creation of public awareness of these objectives;
- To the unequivocal declaration that all cultural heritages are to be treated with equal respect in their promotion, stimulation and preservation;
- To win the hearts, minds and material support of individuals and organisations for the conservation, restoration, study and wise use of South Africa’s cultural heritage.
We Are Guided by our Constitution. Click here to view Constitution of the Conservator Trust